To those that have followed me through various social media outlets and my previous blogs; thank you, and welcome to my new home!
Blogspot was my home for a good 2 or 3 years, and it served its purpose well. As my work has progressed however, I've found myself wanting more than just a blog to place posts, and desire more control over the design and layout of the website. I want to move away from the tile based blog designs that the websites I've been using up until this point have enforced.
The biggest reason however, was the fact that my development as a professional has been steadily improving, to a point where I couldn't justify having a 'blog' as the main platform for my online presence | persona. I need something more polished, varied, and centralised.
I've also changed the manner in which I write. There's inconsistencies with my grammar and punctuation on my old blog, but my writing has improved and changed over the years as I began to develop a style. My reviews also went through drastic changes over time, so they all ended up using different formats as time went on. This is a chance to maintain a consistent style of format and writing from the very beginning. A clean slate.
There's nothing much more to say at this point, so I'll leave you with my objectives for the next year:
- I hope to finish a few games in the next year. My intention is to release something on Steam Greenlight and other marketplaces by the end of the year.
- I aim to finish my Light Novel | Manga.
- Help the industry explore VR. I actually have a project planned. More info soon...
- Release some music.
- Learn more C# with Unity. I'm competent enough to make basic games, and I'm comfortable with programming foundational concepts.
- Make more Machinima | Videos for YouTube. GTA V is likely, as the game already contains a Director Mode to get me started. Maybe Sims 4 too.
- Get back into more frequent Journalism.
- I'm helping previous colleagues with a new project which I will disclose when they launch within the next couple of weeks. I will be helping them out with a few podcasts and other media content, and I've just finished designing and creating logos for them to use for their platform.
More is planned, but those are the main priorities for what I hope to accomplish over the next year, at which point I will once again review my position and where I plan to take myself professionally.
Enjoy your stay!